The United States Studies Centre at the University of Sydney invites applications for the Visiting fellowship in Creative Arts at Indiana University.
The successful applicant would spend her/his time at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana during the period January-May 2018. The fellowship will be an award of US$10,000. In addition, the fellow will receive support from Indiana University in the form of housing and an office.
This fellowship is intended to support persons working in the creative arts, including (but not necessarily limited to) music, fine arts, film, theatre, design, creative writing, or literature. Preference will be given to those applicants who are not only accomplished scholars but who are also accomplished practitioners in their chosen field. The fellowship aims to support substantial progress toward the completion of a significant artistic project.
Criteria for selecting the successful fellow include:
- Demonstrated evidence of first-rate scholarly and/or artistic accomplishment in their field;
- Relevance for conducting the applicant’s project in America and at Indiana University;
- Likelihood the proposed project will see substantial progress toward completion during the fellowship period and will make a significant scholarly and/or artistic impact; and
- Willingness and ability to engage with peers at Indiana University and to openly share her or his knowledge and experience upon returning to Australia following the fellowship.
To apply, please send the following materials by 31 July 2017 (email and postal addresses below):
- A three-page project proposal of not more than 1500 words which: (1) outlines the project to be undertaken and the specific work which would be accomplished during the period of the fellowship; (2) explains the relevance for conducting the work in America and at Indiana University; (3) explains the importance of the proposed work and its likely scholarly and/or artistic impact; (4) speaks to how the applicant intends to share her or his knowledge and outcomes of the fellowship’s work at Indiana University and in Australia; and (5) indicates the proposed length of stay at Indiana University.
- Work samples. Depending on the applicant’s artistic medium, this may be provided as individual digital images (no more than five images) or (for performance artists, for example) as a CD/DVD. For written work, please submit no more than three samples (i.e., journal articles, essays, abstracts and catalogues).
- A full curriculum vitae.
- The names, titles, and contact information for three referees.
Send these materials by 31 July 2017 to:
United States Studies Centre
Visiting Fellows Program
Institute Building H03
University of Sydney NSW 2006
For further information please contact Amelia Trial.
Applications close Monday 31st July