Town Hall Gallery invites proposals from emerging, mid-career and established curators or collectives to present an exhibition as part of our 2019 exhibition program.
The exhibition will be presented in the three gallery spaces at Town Hall Gallery for seven weeks in mid-2019, with exact dates to be confirmed.
The successful applicant will receive:
- a curator fee of $2,500
- an allocated budget for artist fees, courier costs, a commissioning writer’s fee and other necessary expenses
- access to a range of display items including plinths, museum cabinets, moveable walls, shelving units and audio visual equipment.
Town Hall Gallery will also provide marketing and promotion, an official exhibition opening event, and support from the Curatorial Team to plan and deliver the exhibition.
To apply, applicants should submit the following:
- Contact details including postal address, ABN, website, contact phone number and email
- An outline of their exhibition proposal at Town Hall Gallery
- Proposed public programs to complement the exhibition
- Curator’s CV
- Examples of previous curatorial projects (website links or PDFs)
- Names of two referees and their contact details.
Applications are due at 5pm Tuesday 31 July 2018 and should be sent to:
Post: Town Hall Gallery, 360 Burwood Road, Hawthorn VIC 3122
For more information and to view the selection criteria, please visit www.boroondara.vic.gov.au/arts.