Entries are now open for the 2017 Castaway Sculpture Awards, which will be held along the Rockingham Foreshore from 28 October to 5 November 2017.
Castaways Sculpture Awards is an annual art competition that has been running since 2008. The Awards combines the theme of recycling and environmental awareness with the creative re-use of materials and innovative sculpture.
The Castaways Sculpture Awards highlights two areas of great importance to the City: providing and supporting arts and cultural opportunities for residents; and raising the profile of recycling and environmental sustainability.
Castaways Sculpture Awards creates opportunities for emerging artists to showcase their artworks alongside established professional Artists. More than 15,000 visitors attend the exhibition each year, with more than 50 sculptures from artists and schools gracing the Rockingham foreshore.
$20,000 in prizes are available across eight categories
- $5000 Alcoa Major Award for recycled sculpture with an aluminium component
- $3000 Second Award for recycled sculpture with an aluminium component
- $3000 City of Rockingham Award for recycled sculpture
- $3000 Innovation Award for innovation in recycled sculpture
- $3000 Sustainable Living Award
- $1500 Collective Art Award for sculpture by community and educational groups
- $1000 People's Choice Award
- $500 Voter's Prize
View Castaway Sculpture Awards 2016 here
Entry is free
Entries close 2 June 2017