Entries are now open for the 2017 GreenWay Art Prize.
The GreenWay Art Prize celebrates the precious green corridor in Sydney’s inner west and aims to capture the essence of the GreenWay through visual art. Now in its eighth year, the GreenWay Art Prize invites a range or artistic practices to engage with relationships between the natural enviroment, urban development and community connections.
This year a total prize pool of $9,550 is on offer in the following categories:
• Open Art Prize with a prize package valued at $5,000
• GreenWay Local Artist Prize valued at $1,000 open to all artists living within the inner west or City of Canterbury Bankstown council areas
• Cooks River Small Sculpture Prize valued at $2,000
• GreenWay Community Photography Prize sponsored by the Friends of the GreenWay Community Group. Adult: Winner $500, 2nd place $250, and Youth (Under 18), Winner $200, 2nd place $100.
• People’s Choice Award for $500 worth of Derivan Matisse art supplies.
Prize winners will be announced at the opening night of the GreenWay Art Exhibition to be held on Thursday November 2 at Art Est Art School and Gallery.
Selected works will then be exhibited as part of an expanded touring exhibition at the Seaview Gallery, Dulwich High School of Visual Arts and Design (20 – 25 November) and the Bankstown Arts Centre (5-19 December).
Judges for the event are Vandana Ram, Director of the Bankstown Arts Centre, Rod Simpson, Environmental Commissioner of the Greater Sydney Commission and Perdita Phillips, artist (WA).
For more information or to enter The GreenWay Art Prize please click here.