Call for Entries
The Calleen Art Award is an acquisitive art prize that encourages originality and artistic merit established in 1977 by Mrs Patricia Fagan OAM.
The winner of the 2018 Calleen Art Award will receive $20,000 in prize money made possible by the generosity of the Calleen Trust. A painting is selected as a finalist by a selection panel of art professionals and the winning painting will become part of the Calleen Collection at the Cowra Regional Art Gallery.
Entries close 2 March 2018 and the announcement of the 2018 Calleen Art Award winner will be made at the Official Opening of the finalist’s exhibition on Saturday 5 May 2018. The exhibition will continue to 10 June 2018.
People’s Choice Award
A People’s Choice Award (non-acquisitive) is awarded at the end of the exhibition. The winner will receive $500.
- Entries closed Friday 2 March 2018
- Opening and Awards Presentation Saturday 5 May 2018
- Exhibition dates Sunday 6 May–Sunday 10 June 2018
- The Calleen Art Award is open to persons over 18 years, living and professionally based in Australia.
- Eligible entries must be a painting (in any style and subject) wholly executed using a painting medium (oil, acrylic, watercolour) and no greater than 2 x 2 metres or equivalent size/area ratio – including a diptych or triptych. A painting must be designed to hang on or be fixed to a wall (see Finalists’ Information for more details). All other media are ineligible.
- Only a painting that is the original work and concept of the artist and completed since 1 January 2017 will be considered. All paintings submitted must be available for sale in the exhibition and must not be owned by a third party.
- A painting entered into the Calleen Art Award must not have been shown previously in any other art prize/competition in the Central West Region of NSW.
- The painting awarded the 2018 Calleen Art Award will automatically become part of the Calleen Collection upon payment of the prize money to the winning entrant.
- By entering a painting into the Calleen Art Award the artist warrants that said painting does not infringe copyright, moral rights or other rights of a third party.
- Awards of cash prizes are deemed inclusive of any requisite GST amount. The Gallery reserves the right to reject an entry where insufficient GST information is given.
An artist or their authorised sole agent or commercial gallery may enter up to three (3) paintings in total for consideration. Each painting entered must be accompanied by a non-refundable fee of $33.00 (including GST) together with the support material and the Calleen Art Award entry form signed by the Artist. A painting entered for selection without the correct payment (including correct credit card information if relevant) will not be considered eligible Artists or their authorised sole agent or commercial gallery are liable for all GST payable costs including fees, support material, postage, insurance and freight as required.
For more information see the 2018 Entry Form (link below) or contact the Cowra Regional Art Gallery on (02) 6340 2190. If you have trouble downloading the Entry form send an email to email@example.com