Submissions are now open for the Wollongong Acquisitive Sculpture Award 2018. This outdoor exhibition will be held in Wollongong Botanic Garden from 7 April - 20 May 2018, and provides an opportunity for artists to showcase their work in a beautiful and unique setting.
Wollongong City Council is particularly interested in exhibiting sculptures that celebrate and respond to the theme of 'place'.
Artists can choose to approach the theme in a representational, symbolic or abstract way.
Those who'd like to familiarise themselves with the Botanic Garden may wish to refer to the Wollongong Botanic Garden Plan of Management, or obtain a copy of the book 'Wollongong Botanic Garden - A story of beauty and diversity' by Leighton, available from the Botanic Garden Administration Office.
- An entry fee of $45 per application applies (non-refundable)
- An artist subsidy of $1000 will be paid to selected artists
- Up to 23 artists will be selected
- There are a variety of unique sites available within the Botanic Garden
- An Acquisitive Prize of $30,000 will be paid to the wininng artist
- A non-acquisitive People's Choice Prize of $3,000 will also be awarded
- Submissions will be accepted until 5pm, Tuesday 12 September 2017.
For more information visit http://wollongong.nsw.gov.au/sculpture