Exposure is the Central Coast’s annual, acquisitive prize and public exhibition. The competition aims to promote the art of photography and to showcase still-based works. Amateur and emerging photographers are invited to enter and the competition is open nationally. Cash prizes are awarded to the most outstanding images with a pool totaling $4400.
First Prize overall will be awarded $1500
Second Prize overall will be awarded $750
Third Prize overall will be awarded $500
An Emerging Young Talent will be awarded $300
Highly Commended work in Postcards of the Coast category is awarded $500
Highly Commended work in Through the Generations category is awarded $250
Highly Commended work in A picture tells 1000 words category is awarded $250
Highly Commended work in The Natural World category is awarded $250
The People’s Choice will be awarded $100 and be drawn at the end of the public exhibition period.
All prize categories are acquisitive except for the People's Choice.
Photographers are encouraged to interpret four themes. There are many ways to interpret this brief and creativity is encouraged. Competition judges will score on technical aptitude and visual story-telling.
- Postcards of the Coast category entries must represent the Central Coast region, and can depict the built and natural environment, iconic sites, local life, places and activities. Boundary map.
- Through the Generations category entries must be either portraiture and/ or images of objects that relate to people, family, culture, community and heritage.
- The Natural World category entries must relate to plants, animals, flowers, marine life, birds, landscapes, seascapes and other natural phenomena.
- A Picture Tells 1000 Words category entries must include a written submission, comprising no more than 300 words, which provides a deeper perspective or background story on people, objects and places.
- Entry into the competition is free
- Entry is open to all Australian residents
- Entries are open to amateur and emerging photographers only
- Entrants under the age of 18 must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian
- Entries must be digital images of at least 300ppi in quality (3510 x 4950 pixels)
- Each entrant can submit a maximum of two entries to the competition
- The images must not be watermarked or contain any personal information
- Digital entries must be submitted online via Central Coast Council website
- All entrants will grant Central Coast Council a limited-license for use of their image
Entries must not contain content which is: unlawful, inappropriate, constitutes harassment, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated, politically motivated, extreme views, racially offensive, demonstrating criminal behaviour, drug use, alcohol misuse, showing neglect, violence or abuse of children.
All eligible entries are subject to the full scope of Exposure Photographic Prize Terms and Conditions.
ENTRIES OPEN: 12:00am (AEST) on Saturday 1 April 2017
ENTRIES CLOSE: 12:00midnight (AEST) on Sunday 23 April 2017
Enter here - http://www.wyong.nsw.gov.au/exposure