Bundanon Trust’s annual spring event invites all art forms and practices to apply to be a part of Siteworks 2018.
WHAT IT IS
SITEWORKS is Bundanon Trust’s annual spring event that brings together artists, scientists, scholars and community voices in a unique annual gathering to share knowledge and experiences. It attracts up to 1000 people each year.
See here for more information on previous Siteworks.
Bundanon Trust is an engine room for contemporary art practice in Australia. Given to the Australian people in 1993 by artist Arthur Boyd, the Bundanon property is set in bush and park land overlooking the Shoalhaven River on the NSW south coast. At the heart of Bundanon Trust's work is their artist-in-residence program, which hosts 300 artists each year across all disciplines.
THE THEME: MICRO
Tired of big ideas? Let’s be small-minded for a change. In 2018 Siteworks will turn its attention to very small things, whether living, inert, conceptual or hardly there at all. Microbes, doll houses, neutrinos, crumbs, nanobots, tiny desires and minute acts of subversion are all possible fields of enquiry. Interpret it as you will.
Bundanon are open to all art forms and practices, and the works can be performative, perambulatory, stationery, installed, interactive, durational, virtual, or something else entirely. The only conceptual constraints are that the works must have a relationship with the Bundanon Trsut site and some connection to the theme. Ideas that include partnerships with scientists are particularly encouraged.
WHAT IS ON OFFER
- a modest fee – negotiable depending on budget and project
- some production costs
- technical support
- accommodation on site from the Monday beforehand (24 Sept) - earlier site visits can be arranged
- an extraordinary site, and a curious audience.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Siteworks is a one-day event happening in the grounds, fields and forest around the Bundanon homestead. The event runs from midday until late night. Works can happen day or night.
Siteworks is a unique event and a great place to make work. But it has its challenges.
- you need to be self-reliant with strong DIY skills and your own transport
- works need to be technically feasible – any specialist equipment you will need to supply yourself
- works need to be weather-tolerant
All ideas welcome, though Siteworks is particularly suited to:
- a first draft showing of a new work
- a re-imagining of work you have already made in other contexts
- works that already have a funding source, and are looking for a short development or presentation opportunity
FIND OUT MORE AND REGISTER INTEREST