Since opening in 2000, Brisbane Powerhouse has presented a visual art program as part of its diverse program of living art, ideas and experiences. This program is a mix of curated exhibitions and permanent collection, and it responds to the unique environment of Brisbane Powerhouse.
Brisbane Powerhouse attracts more than 700,000 visitors each year attending a range of performances, exhibitions, food and beverage events, and conferences.
Converted from a coal-fired power station, Brisbane Powerhouse now houses three performance venues, two restaurants, and gallery spaces over two levels, with a number of unusual spaces, or nooks, created by the act of configuring an arts venue inside a factory.
Brisbane Powerhouse is seeking expressions of interest from curators and visual artists to deliver a site-specific, light-based installation inside one of these nooks, which will become part of our ongoing collection. Installation of the work would be carried out in January 2018.
The work must reflect and work with the unique qualities and shapes of the building and spaces. The work may include interactive and/or digital elements. Drawings and images of the space can be provided upon request, with 2 x 10A General Power Outlets provided.
Applications will be accepted until October 22 2017, and should address the following:
- Evidence of proven track record – background and experience working within a similar brief
- Concept statement outlining your vision and demonstrating your understanding of Brisbane Powerhouse cultural objectives and values
- A budget, including the artistic fee, creation of the work, install/de-install and cost of materials
- A detailed 3 year maintenance plan
- Images of work indicative of proposed installation
- Contact details of two referees
Cost of the work should include the artistic fee, creation of the work, install/de-install and cost of materials.
Send expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.