Rail Projects Victoria (RPV) - the Victorian Government body that is delivering the Metro Tunnel Project - is seeking Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified experts in the field of public art for the Metro Tunnel Arts Advisory Panel.
The Panel will provide expertise in the commissioning of significant public artworks that will be integrated within the architectural design of the city’s five new stations – North Melbourne, State Library, Town Hall, Anzac, and two station entrances at Kensington and South Yarra.
The Panel will assist in the shortlisting of artist submissions from national and international practitioners, ensure the fairness and integrity of this process, and provide governance oversight of the Legacy Creative Program to RPV.
Panel members will be appointed for a three-year term, with the panel convening up to four times a year.
The Panel will be chaired by RPV and panel members will be required to work collegiately and collaboratively in an advisory capacity with the Project’s curatorial, architectural, and design and construction teams.
RPV seeks Expressions of Interest from individuals who have:
Leadership experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Public art – practitioner or curator
- Art, architectural, design and/or social history or other relevant disciplines within an academic context
- Arts governance and philanthropy
- Major cultural events or programming
Applicants should have:
- National and international profile and networks in creative industries
- Knowledge of contemporary Australian and international creative practice
- Experience in commissioning high-profile public creative works
- Experience working with diverse creative practitioners and mediums
- Strong appreciation and value of high quality public art and design excellence
- An ability to participate collegiately and collaboratively in an advisory capacity
- Visionary and future thinking with commitment to an enduring civic legacy.
For full details and EOI information, visit the Metro Rail Project website.
EOIs must be received by Friday 5:00pm, 27 July 2018 at: email@example.com