AFTRS-Australian Film Television and Radio School (AH Account)
About the Course
If you are an experienced FCP user and want to transfer across to Adobe Premiere Pro, this bridging course will provide you with these skills in a one day intensive. Adobe Premiere Pro CC is being used increasingly in corporate and production environments as an alternative to Final Cut Pro for timeline-based video editing.
Course content includes:
• Essential shortcut keys and workflows in Premiere Pro.
• Bringing FCP projects into Premiere Pro
• Setting up Premiere to work in a similar way as FCP for the quickest translation of skills
• Dynamic Link to other Adobe apps (including After Effects, Encore and Speedgrade)
• New refined trimming tools including Hover scrub
• Using Premiere Pro with other Final Cut Studio apps, including Motion, Soundtrack Pro and Color.
• Media Management in Premiere Pro
• Editing in Premiere Pro (including Multi Camera)
• Effects in Premiere Pro (including the new 3 way colour corrector and warp stabiliser)
• Exporting using Adobe Media Encoder
• Basic Blu-ray and DVD authoring in Encore
This course is designed for students who are already very familiar with editing using Final Cut Pro and would not suit students who do not have non-linear editing experience.
Course Lecturer: Andy Day
Andy Day is an industry veteran & has been working in the professional Music & Post production industry for over 25 years, with clients including: 20th Century Fox, Warner Brothers, Disney, Discovery, National Geographic, BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Universal Records & MTV. He is now Creative Director of his own production company Handy Productions Ltd, based in Auckland, New Zealand. He is one of a select few authorised Cinema 4D trainers, an Apple Certified Master trainer, an Adobe Certified Instructor and Certified AVID training partner. He regularly travels between the US, Australia & Europe to train industry creatives.