AFTRS-Australian Film Television and Radio School
About the Course
Empower yourself to develop and express your ideas as a documentary maker. From the commencement of this course, you will devise a multiplatform strategy for a major project, ultimately pitching your idea to a real world industry panel at the end of Semester 2.
Designed to enhance and deepen your creative and professional practice, you will have access to industry professionals as you participate in a rigorous series of workshops addressing:
- the history, modes and genre of documentary storytelling
- the creative and technical skills required to interview, shoot and edit to professional standards
- producer-shooter skills
- an ethical framework and perspective in relation to your practice
- the business skills to finance, budget and schedule
- professional legal concepts and practice.
Attendance Pattern: Tuesday and Thursday evenings, plus 12 Saturdays on campus
Applications Close: Monday 16 October 2017