AFTRS-Australian Film Television and Radio School
About the Course
This weekend course is an intensive introduction into TV presenting.
Participants will explore how to become a strong and individual story teller through the medium of television. Topics include how tools and technique can enhance a TV presenter's delivery, the basics of script writing and interview techniques and tricks. Each student will learn how to develop their own unique on screen presence and persona.
On completion of this workshop students will be able to:
• Begin to identify their unique characteristics and how to use these to advantage
• How to work with your own characteristics on camera.
• How to break down a script and bring the words to life through phrasing, breath control, pauses and by adding light and shade with voice and body.
• The basics of body language and how to become aware of physicality on camera.
• How to reduce nerves and worries associated with appearing on camera
• Utilisation of the basics of interview technique. Participants will have identified key elements that make for a great interview and have begun to put these methods into practice.
• Work on script writing technique. The basics will be explored and participants will understand how to move from an idea to a strong piece of storytelling.
This course is only open to students aged 18 +. If you are under 18, you will not be eligible to attend this course.
Feedback from previous students:
"This course was exceptional. The course presenters Marie & Jake were excellent. I learnt so much and it was exceptional value for money! They are highly knowledgeable in presenting and I greatly appreciate all the input, assistance and guidance they gave. A very big thank you!!!!"
"This course was really practical and extremely useful in furthering my journalism career. Marie was very knowledgeable and provided great industry advice."
"Wonderful lecturer who made me feel very comfortable & confident in a nerve-racking situation. Learnt lots." ?
"Marie and Jake were very helpful and offered great constructive criticism. I learnt a lot and will be taking a lot away from this course."
"Very practical. Hands on. Marie is fantastic. Very honest & constructive feedback."