CIT Solutions Pty Ltd
About the Course
Beginning Glassblowing is the best way to get down amongst the action at the Canberra Glassworks. Spend 2 days amongst the artists on the hotshop floor learning the basics of glassblowing. Gather molten glass out of the furnace and learn to shape it into vessels.
You will be encouraged to work in teams as well as receiving one-on-one instruction with an emphasis on safety and teamwork. This is an exclusive class with only four places offered each month. Enrol early so you don't miss out.
No glass working experience is required. All materials are provided.
FOR 14 YEARS AND OLDER
Canberra Glassworks decides a week prior if the class will run. Please consider this if you are coming from out of town and booking accommodation.
IMPORTANT: Your teacher will arrange a time for you to come and pick up your work. This will probably be at least a week after your class. If you need your work to be posted to you, there will be an additional fee for postage. Please tell your teacher if this is required.
Please wear and bring the following:
- Comfortable cotton or natural fibre clothing - NO FLAMMABLE OR SYNTHETIC CLOTHING
- Wear long pants and wear or bring both a long sleeve and short sleeve cotton shirt to class (It can get hot/cold and a change of clothing may be needed)
- Covered shoes (e.g. leather shoes, boots or runners. Make sure none of your foot is exposed)
- A bottle of water
- If you have long hair wear it tied back
- If you need reading glasses bring them as well
- Your class will run over lunch time so bring something to eat and a snack
ALL ADDITIONAL SAFETY GEAR WILL BE SUPPLIED
IMPORTANT: Your teacher will arrange a time for you to come and pick up your work. This will be at least a week after your class. If you need your work to be posted to you, there will be an additional fee for postage. Let your teacher know if this is required.