City of Parramatta
About the Course
Parramatta Artists Studios encourages new generation of artists
Parramatta Artists Studios is staging a creative workshop for children with a wide range of free art activities to inspire a new generation of budding young artists.
The family-friendly Future Artists Club event will be held on Levels 1 & 2 at the Artists Studios, 68 Macquarie St, Parramatta on Saturday 24 September from 10am to 3pm.
“This is a wonderful initiative that will allow children to engage with artists and learn about the magical experience of creating art,” City of Parramatta Administrator Amanda Chadwick said.
“The Future Artists Club will feature two large art installations, creative workshops led by artists, and the opportunity to explore an artist’s studio.
“There will be lots of interactive fun to be had with workshops including clay head sculptures, experimental drawing, paper-bead necklaces and a collaborative tree sculpture.”
Artist Nadia Odlum is creating ‘Blue Fields’ - an immersive field of suspended long blue tape, while artist Elena Papanikolakis’ work ‘Wormholes’ will cover the walls and floors with a series of large colourful stickers inspired by natural landscapes.
The Future Artists Club is recommended for children aged 5 to 12 years. Entry is free and there will be a pencil giveaway.
Bookings are not required for drop-in workshops, art installations, face-painting or map activity. Bookings are essential for the one-hour workshops.
Drop-in workshops. Each activity can be completed in about 15 minutes:
- 10.00am to 12.00pm – Paper-bead necklaces with artist Emma Fielden
- 12.00pm to 1.30pm – Optical art with artist Nadia Odlum
- 12.00pm to 1.30pm – Experimental drawing with artist Elena Papanikolakis
- 1.30pm to 3.00pm – Crazy clay head sculpture with artist Catherine O’Donnell
Booked workshops. Book in for a fun and educational one-hour lesson and learn some new creative skills.Bookings essential. Cost: $8 per workshop
- 10.30am to 11.30am – Mask Mayhem with artists Linda Brescia and Salote Tawale.
- 12.00pm to 1.00pm – Secret Storytelling with author Felicity Castagna.
- 1.30pm to 2.30pm – Undiscovered Species with Hannah Toohey.
To make a booking visit: http://www.parracity.nsw.gov.au/play/whats_on/events_calendar/school_holidays