Applications are now open for the annual Emerging Curator Mentorship, supported by the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria and the City of Melbourne. BLINDSIDE invites applications from emerging curators to receive mentorship from leading Melbourne curator, Hannah Matthews, to develop a $3000 funded exhibition across BLINDSIDE’s two gallery spaces in December 2018.
Through this exciting initiative the successful applicant will conceive and develop a critical group exhibition in both BLINDSIDE galleries. The successful applicant will work closely with the mentor to carry out curatorial research, artistic exchange and project management. The project will develop over a number of months leading up to the exhibition, with support from both the mentor and additional support from the BLINDSIDE Board of Directors and Gallery Coordinator. The successful applicant will present a project that is considerate of context, time and relevance, engages with contemporary curatorial methodologies, and considers various artistic viewpoints.
Applicants are required to submit an application which outlines their proposed exhibition. Please keep in mind that proposals may present an exhibition framework, and possible outcomes, but do not need to be fully resolved as the exhibition will develop over time with assistance from the mentor.
The successful applicant will receive:
- One on one mentorship with curator Hannah Matthews, through face-to-face and email engagements of up to ten hours
- Regular feedback on the curatorial and conceptual development of the project
- Support with budget development and project management
- Marketing and promotional support
- Project support in the form of venue and exhibition budget of $3000 (to be used for artist fees, writers fees, and the production of an accompanying catalogue).
For more information and to apply click APPLY NOW. If you wish to discuss your proposal before applying please contact Martina Copley, Gallery Coordinator at info@BLINDSIDE.org.au