Where: Artisan, 381 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley, QLD, 4006
When: 11.00am-3pm, Saturday 19 August
Cost: $165 per person
About the workshop
Join experienced Queensland milliner in this fabulous millinery workshop. Johanna will teach you traditional and modern millinery techniques to complete your very own fabric-covered pillbox. Go vintage and channel Jackie O or bring it forward and put a modern twist on your creation!
Basic hand sewing skills are recommended.
What you’ll get:
- All the tools you need to make your own pillbox hat.
- Materials including pillbox foundation shape, wadding fabric and linings.
- Assorted feathers and trims to pick from (you’re welcome to bring your own too if there’s a particular style you like!)
What to bring:
- Fabric (approx. 40x40cm) for your pillbox hat and matching thread. Shops like Gardams, Lincraft and Spotlight have a good range of fabrics and threads to choose from.
- Please wear enclosed shoes.
Based in Queensland, Johanna’s millinery practice seeks to provide not only the perfect adornment for race days and special occasions, but also as a means of self-expression any day, any time. Johanna’s eye for detail and high quality workmanship has resulted in her work being worn by clients across the world, from Australia to Europe, the USA and Russia. In addition to being worn to all major events on the Australian Horse Racing Event calendar, the johanna guerin label has been sought by clients for the Dubai World Cup and Royal Ascot events. She has recently worked with the Toowoomba Empire Theatre as the Costume Milliner for the 2017 production of Wicked. Johanna facilitates workshops with the Cobb&Co Museum QLD and also runs private workshops from her studio, and by invitation at various locations in Queensland, interstate and internationally.
Images by Johanna Guerin. (Please note that images are indicative only)