MEET FAY BOYD.
Fay is a woman of energy and passion especially when it involves bringing tutors and students together for Fay Boyd’s Fine Visual Art School in the Clarence Valley. Fay understands and appreciates the qualities of fine art. As importantly, Fay understands and appreciates the qualities needed to organise quality, professional art workshops.
Fay brings some of the biggest names in Art to Grafton and their workshops are often booked out many months before the event, which is held in April each year. Students come from every State and Territory of Australia, as well as internationally. Fay’s organisational skills and attention to detail, both for the needs of the tutors and students, are exceptional. It is these skills that ensure quality workshops run smoothly for all. Fay’s commitment and dedication to delivering the best possible art workshops are inspirational. Art reflects and communicates the values and culture of society. The School attracts beginner artists as well as experienced artists. Class sizes are small which allows each student to receive individual attention.
I have written this with great pleasure and admiration of Fay’s dedication to the arts.
1 June 2017
Fay Boyd's Fine Art School is a small boutique art school which has been carefully designed by Fay to provide professional tuition for the beginner through to the advanced artist. Fay and her knowledge of the art world and organisational skills come strongly to the fore, in the attendance to detail extended to tutors and students.
The workshops will be daily, informal sessions with handy tips, demonstrations, personal critiques, and explanations of new skills and techniques that will make the learning process much easier. Communication is high on the list of priorities of all tutors.
Visual Arts Tutors
The tutors are chosen for their professionalism and ability to teach and are dedicated to the exploration, encouragement and creativity of art in all mediums. The passion and expertise that these leading Australian and International tutors impart will allow all students to explore and expand their creative talents over all mediums of Visual Art.
“Watch your frustrations and fears disappear over the 5-day workshops”.
Grafton is situated on the Northern Rivers of NSW approximately halfway between Sydney and Brisbane. Access to Grafton is possible via car, plane, bus or train.
Please Note: Fay Boyd's Fine Art School will also offer 19 workshops on the same dates, mediums include.
- Watercolour: Kasey Sealy, Amanda Hyatt, John Lovett, Malcolm Carver, Heidi Willis & Cees Sliedrecht
- Oils: Paul McDonald Smith,Fiona Craig & Christopher Blake
- Acrylics: Don Milner, Chris Postle & Jenni Kelly
- Pastel: Lyn Diefenbach
- Mixed Media: Mignon Parker
- Botanical Art: Leonie Norton and Margaret Hastie
- Nature & Wildlife: Paul Margocsy & Janet MatthewsPlease Note: All workshops run concurrently this allows you to only enrol in one workshop. Fay Boyd’s Fine Art School will be held at the Grafton High School. There will be nineteen 5-day workshops on offer with tutors who have been selected to provide students with professional, expert tuition in their chosen form of the Visual Arts.
- WORKSHOP INFORMATION – Following your enrolment you will receive your Student Requirement List, a Models Fee (if applicable), and a map of Grafton plus general information for your convenience.
- CANCELLATIONS – Organisers reserve the right to limit class sizes and cancel the workshops should minimum enrolments not be reached three weeks before the commencement of the school.