Online entry form available NOW https://southernbuoystudios.com.au/sbs-portrait-prize-2019/
- Total prize value $5000
- Winner of the Portrait Prize –$4000 cash prize
- People’s choice award – $1000 voucher for Southern Buoy Framing
Southern Buoy Studios invite artists to submit works in celebration of Portraiture, with the finalists to hang in the SBS Portrait Prize.
A non acquisitive prize will be awarded to the best portrait, as chosen by a judging panel.
- Winner -$4000
- The Peoples choice award– value $1000 framing at our sister company Southern Buoy
- All works are for sale
To be considered for selection, an entrant must comply with all entry instructions and conditions.
- Date of work: must be completed in the last 12 months.
- Submission close Friday 9 April 2019
- Successful applicants notified: 12 April 2019
- Delivery of entries: 17- 24 April 10-2pm
- SBS Portrait prize: Saturday 27 April. Gala night 6pm (ticketed event)
- Collection of unsold work : 3 to 8 June 2019 during business hours at Southern Buoy Studios
- Must NOT exceed the size limit of 1.5m x 1.5m. Dimensions apply to the actual work of art, not the mounting or framing.
- May be a multi-panel work as long as the overall dimensions do not exceed the size limit above.
Preparing the work for delivery
- Must be suitably framed for handling IF it is a painting. A stretched canvas is considered a suitable frame.
- Must be clearly marked on the back with the artist’s name and address and the title of the work.
- Must NOT be wet when submitted.
Entries will only be accepted during the specified period to Southern Buoy Studios. 1/19 Carbine Way, Mornington. 3931. Delivery must be made in person, by a nominated representative (such as a friend, relative or artist’s agent) or by a courier/freight company.
The Gallery will NOT pay for any costs incurred in the delivery of any entry, including freight.
Each entrant is responsible for maintaining their own insurance.
The gallery will not be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever, and however caused, to any work while in the Gallery’s custody.
The entrant grants the Gallery permission to display the work:
- in an exhibition of selected finalists for the Portrait Prize 2019 at Southern Buoy Studios.
- Southern Buoy Studios is a non-for profit organisation and the 30% commission of any sale goes directly back into the organisation.
It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that the original work is available for these purposes, whether or not they are the owner of the work.
Original and non-infringing work
The prizes are NOT acquisitive (ie the works are still for sale)
The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
Finalists and prize winners will be emailed and put on Southern Buoy Studios website.
Artists whose work are chosen for display will be asked to provide additional information (such as biographical details and a statement about the work) to assist with preparation of prize-related material.
Collecting the work
The entrant is responsible for organising the collection of their work during the time period specified by the Gallery.
Entrants sending couriers for pickup must do so in the allocated time for collection form Southern Buoy Studios.
The Gallery will NOT pay for any costs incurred in the collection of any entry.
Entry forms and payment MUST be submitted online between Dec 1 2018 and 5 April 2019. No forms posted or emailed. Entry forms on this page.
How much does it cost?
$10 application fee to be paid by credit/debit card when filling in the online form plus $20 hanging fee for every piece accepted.