The vibrant gallery at City Library is now open for submissions from emerging artists wanting to present a month-long exhibition. As one of the busiest public libraries in Australia, this gallery is an excellent stepping stone for any emerging artist.
Displaying at City Library offers emerging artists a professional development opportunity where they can gain firsthand experience in working within a public library as well as planning and curating an exhibition.
The gallery is available for hire for a 4 week period. The current cost is $943 including GST.
For this fee, the library service provides:
- four weeks of exhibition space in a Melbourne CBD venue open to the public daily
- professional advice from the exhibition team on display techniques
- access to installation tools including ladders, cordless drill, assorted screws
- 400 DL brochures
- promotion on Melbourne Library Service website, newsletter and social media
- event technician support for installation and official opening
- event equipment including microphone, amplifier, glasses, tables
- after-hours alarm protection and security.
Applications are assessed by a panel and matched against the following criteria:
- applicant is an emerging artist
- content has a General (G) classification
- content demonstrates a cohesive curatorial theme
- content is suitable for City Library and spaces.
For more info and to apply visit the website HERE