The City of Darebin is seeking to build and diversify its program of creative and cultural offerings and is taking applications for the 2019 Triennial Event Partnership Program for Northcote Town Hall Arts Centre and the Darebin Arts Centre.
We are seeking applications from established businesses that are devoted to the following principles of the Darebin Arts Strategy, Creative Darebin:
1. Inclusive: providing access and meaningful participation for Darebin’s priority communities of :
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders community
• People with a Disability and their carers
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities, and
• Young People
• Older People
2. Enterprising: establishing and growing their events in the City of Darebin to generate cultural and economic benefits to the community.
3. Connected: creating connections across communities and between generations.
4. Vibrant and Visionary: with a proven business record and established professional standard, lead by example in creativity and commit to best practice.
The program on offer from Darebin Arts is for four partnerships in total with two being held at each of the arts venues, Northcote Town Hall Arts Centre and Darebin Arts Centre. These partnerships will be established under a three-year contract to enable planning, growth and security.
Darebin Arts Programs at Northcote Town Hall Arts Centre and Darebin Arts Centre The Triennial Event Partnership Program will complement the current programs at Northcote Town Hall Arts Centre and the Darebin Arts Centre, which include:
The Speakeasy Program: high quality performance work from artistic leaders and companies in the small to medium sector that forms an integral part of the cultural ecology of Melbourne and Australia’s artistic landscape.
Festivals and Events: City of Darebin-produced festivals and events such as Home-made Food and Wine Festival and Darebin Music Feast, which are held in various locations across the municipality, including Northcote Town Hall Arts Centre and the Darebin Arts Centre.
Morning Music: an affordable, quality, day-time concert series showcasing some of Australia’s most loved and renowned performers.
How to apply:
Applications are submitted on-line using: http://darebin.smartygrants.com.au
Step 1: Access the SmartyGrants webpage - by using the above link
Step 2: Log in; if you haven’t used SmartyGrants to submit an on-line application form before, you need to register. To do this you need to have an email address and set up a password.
Step 3: Select Darebin Arts Triennial Event Partnership Program and begin your application.
Step 4: Have ready for your application:
• Event Plan including risk assessment
• Previous financial statements
• CVs of key personnel
• Marketing plan
Ensure you have provided as much information as possible and contact the City of Darebin if you have any questions.
Kim Montgomery, Arts Precincts Coordinator: email@example.com 03 8470 8598