The program provides opportunities for young people to learn from each other and to articulate and share their practice to the wider arts community.
Signal invites emerging artists to submit an expression of interest to facilitate new artist learning experiences.
We welcome ideas from emerging artists of all disciplines that involve a collaborative exchange of ideas, so that you and the participants will all learn something new. Your workshop must be hands on for the participants.
Signal will document the session with photos, videos and writing which will be used to create a resource that will be made available to participants and to the wider public through the Signal website.
Who can apply?
The program is open to young people who want to share their emerging arts practice with other young artists.
Artist Learning Lab experiences:
- should be 4 or 8 hours in duration (half or whole day)
- should involve at least 15 participating artists,
- can involve participants working in any artform,
- feature environmentally sustainable practices,
- can take place in either one or a combination of the Signal spaces (see below), and
- must be able to be included in ArtPlay Signal's Artist Learning program between July 2019 and May 2020.
- 1 artist full day ($500)
- 1 artist half day ($250)
- 2 artists full day ($875)
- 2 artists half day ($438)
- Materials up to the value of $300
Your proposal will be assessed on the following criteria:
- actively engages young artists (aged 18-25) as co-learners
- shares your practice in a new way.
You may submit an Artist Learning Lab EOI at any time. Submissions will be assessed quarterly.
Submit by 30 August 2019 for 6 September 2019 assessment.
Submit by 29 November 2019 for 6 December 2019 assessment.
Submit by 28 February 2020 for 6 March 2020 assessment.