Yarra Art Rangers are looking for original artworks responding to the theme of Stories of Mooroolbark; the places where we work, play and dream together. This can include artworks about surrounding areas.
An Exhibition in Three Parts
Stories of Mooroolbark is a mixed-media, group exhibition which invites submissions from professional/practising artists and the broader community in three parts.
We aim to bring together an eclectic and diverse collection of shared stories and community aspirations; factual accounts of days gone by, reflections and impressions of our past and present, and aspirations for the town's future.
The exhibition is connected to the Mooroolbark Street Art and Mooroolbark Artist in Residence projects and will be held at the Red Earth Gallery, Mooroolbark from 11 Sept - 28 Oct 2019.
Please refer to the three sections below to decide on the area to which you should apply:
- 297 x 297mm, two-dimensional artworks (ie. painting, illustration, stencils, collage, etc.) tiled together to form a larger, community artwork.
- This is open to all ages and abilities.
- Closing date: Midnight, Monday 19 August, 2019.
- Please Note: Artworks DO NOT have to be finished by this date.
Please click here to register as a Community Exhibitor:
2. Professional/Practising Artists
- A smaller number of works will be accepted from professional/practising artists, open to all size & media within gallery restrictions. Ie. Sculpture, Film, Sound and Live Performance.
- Artists are encouraged to submit artworks that present and explore connections between performative, live art and visual art forms, may include a mix of live activations that compliment, provoke and expand the audiences’ experience of the visual art components and vice versa.
- Closing date: Midnight, Monday 19 August 2019.
- Please Note: Artworks DO NOT have to be finished by this date. Delivery of artworks: 9th Sept 2019. Further instructions TBA upon acceptance of your application.
- Please click here to register as a Professional/Practising Artist:
A selection of artefacts relevant to Mooroolbark's public and shared spaces will be curated for inclusion in the exhibition, with support from Yarra Ranges Regional Museum.
This category is generally by invitation only, however if you think you have an item worth consideration please fill in the form here or get in touch with Mandy Pickett at email@example.com or on 03 5962 4629.
- Entries close: Midnight, Monday 19 Aug 2019
- Community Entrants notified by: Monday 26 Aug 2019
- Professional/practising artists notified within 2 weeks of application
- Delivery of community artworks: TBA
- Delivery of professional/practising artists’ artworks 9th Sept 2019, times TBA=
- Opening night: 6 - 8pm Thursday, 12 Sept 2019
- Exhibition dates: 11 Sept - 28 Oct 2019
- Pick up of professional/practising & community artworks: 29 Oct 2019 times TBA
About Yarra Art Rangers
The Yarra Art Rangers is a branch of the Art Rangers Network. It's goal is to support independent artists and arts collaborations of the Yarra River region to develop sustainable, regenerative, environmental & economical practices, enriching our community/cultural economies, while producing and presenting work for local events.
Environmental Sustainability & Regenerative Design
Environmental sustainability and regenerative design are at the core of the Art Rangers Network's values and as such we ask that all applicants make their best efforts towards ensuring their artworks are produced with this in mind.
Wherever practical and affordable, use techniques and creative practices that are environmentally sustainable and regenerative; use materials that are biodegradable, FSC certified, up-cycled, re-purposed or recycled, consider your energy use and carbon footprint.
If you have further questions please contact Mandy Pickett at
firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 5962 4629.
For information specific to the venue, please visit the Mooroolbark Community Centre