SEVENTH Gallery is now accepting proposals for exhibitions and events from March - August 2020!
SEVENTH will continue to offer a free exhibition space, and pay artists throughout 2020.
Exhibitions run for four weeks. Successful applicants will receive support from SEVENTH Exhibition Liaison and Curatorial Mentors in the conceptual and logistical development of their shows.
If you are interested in holding an event, (i.e. performance, film screening, talk) that would not suit a traditional four week exhibition, please choose “other” for the Gallery Space preference question, and provide details of the event in the project description section.
We encourage proposals for:
- solo, curated or group exhibitions
- public programs including screenings, talks, workshops and performances
- emerging and early career artists and curators
- First Nations artists and curators
- artists and curators of diverse cultural backgrounds
- artists and curators with disability
To present work that is:
- critically engaged
- conceptually coherent
- responsible and socially aware
- site-specific to the physical architecture of SEVENTH's spaces
- responsive to the Indigenous history of our home on stolen Wurundjeri land
Our Board is composed of People of Colour, First Nations and Queer practitioners who are able to provide specific advise to members of these communities seeking to make an application. If you plan on working with particular cultural or social groups/communities, please explicitly state your relationship to that community within your EOI. Evidence of consultation should be provided when working outside of your own community group/s.
SEVENTH is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
We strongly encourage you to read the GENERAL FEEDBACK we provided for the last round of applications prior to submission.
SEVENTH FLOOR PLAN
We would be happy to discuss your application with you. Please contact: email@example.com
SEVENTH's annual program is supported by the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria.
DEADLINE: 10TH DECEMBER 2019, MIDNIGHT