About the program
The Collaborative Mentorship Initiative offers early-career practitioners the unique opportunity to work one-on-one with advising artists and arts workers to inspire confidence and self-awareness, and to build the knowledge, skills and capacity to pursue projects and goals.
This program, to be completed over four months, is based on a mutual mentorship model that provides both the adviser and early-career practitioner space to share ideas and learn from each other.
To acknowledge the contribution of early-career practitioners, they will be paid at a rate of $100/hour for mentoring sessions and check-ins with NAVA in-house support, and an additional $150 for a group induction session.
The aim of the program is to:
- Foster greater confidence, connectivity, access, exchange of ideas and industry experience for both advisers and early-career practitioners.
- Develop a better understanding of best practice in the industry.
- Establish strong networks and skills for both advisers and early-career practitioners.
- Inspire confidence and stronger capacity in early-career practitioners to pursue their upcoming project and goals.
The program comprises of:
- 1 x 1 hour group induction session on February 16, 2021 hosted by NAVA in-house support staff.
- 4 x 1 hour online sessions for both advisers and early-career practitioners, with dates to be organised amongst advisers and early-career practitioners.
- 4 x 30 minute catch-ups hosted by NAVA in-house support staff following each mentorship session.
- Access to mentoring resources and online and technological support.
Advisers and early-career practitioners will be matched based on their practices, ideas, skills, goals, priorities, and the areas they wish to develop as specified in their application.
How to apply as an early-career practitioner
Applications to participate in the program as an early-career practitioner are now open. Please read the Eligibility Guidelines below before applying. Apply by completing the quick online survey below. You will be required to provide at least one of the following support materials:
- Current CV - PDF 1 x A4 page max, 2MB
- Portfolio - PowerPoint (.ppt), PDF or .docx of up to 10 images or 3 writing samples, 8MB
Applications close 23:49 AEDT 14 December 2020. Applicants will be notified on the outcome of their application in January 2021.
If you have access requirements, NAVA’s support staff can arrange an alternative application process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 9368 1900 for more information.
Please visit the program webpage for eligibility requirements before applying: https://visualarts.net.au/nava-events/2020/Collaborative-Mentorship-Initiative/