OMM – Odunpazarı Modern Museum’s residency program in Eskişehir introduces visiting artists to an exalting new atmosphere. The program can be applied to from anywhere in the world and aims to form a connection between local culture and the world at large.
A mere three hours away from Istanbul, Eskişehir is one of the most vibrant and dynamic cities in the country, with three universities, a young population that comprises 15% of the city, nearly twenty museums, parks, and year-round arts and culture events.
Participating artists will have the opportunity to bring new ideas to life and exchange thoughts with other artists in the program in an interdisciplinary dialogue away from the frenzied pace of everyday life.
The residency program is designed to support innovative and experimental thinking as well as personal development. In this exceptional and free environment, each artist’s individual approach is as valuable as the works and ideas they build together.
The OMM residency program open call accepts submissions from a wide variety of disciplines including painting, sculpture, performance, installation, moving image, print, photography, film, audio, new media, research-based practice and graphic design.
Workspace: Each artist will have their own individual studio space to which they have exclusive 24-hour access.
Materials: OMM will dedicate a budget of 6.000 TL towards materials for the work artists create during their residency. If an artist needs technical equipment during their residency, they must discuss it with the exhibitions department beforehand.
Support: The OMM exhibitions department staff are available to support visiting artists for the duration of their time in Eskişehir. Artists will coordinate their needs with the OMM exhibitions department before beginning projects.
PROGRAM DATES 2020 Spring Session:
● Applications Open: January 1, 2020
● Application Deadline: January 30, 2020
● Acceptances Announced: February 20, 2020
● Spring Session: March 30, 2020 – June 30, 2020
- Resume or CV
- Artist Portfolio A PDF file of the artist’s work. Files must not exceed 20 MB, and large video files must be sent as links. The application file can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “OMM Residency Application”.
- Artist's Statement A text of no more than 600 words explaining the applicant’s artistic practice, in English or in Turkish.
- Letter of Intent A text of no more than 400 words expressing the artist’s reasons for applying.
WeTransfer files are not accepted.
Applications that do not fit this format will not be considered.
Photo: Murathan Özbek