EMERGING 2020 gives selected young artists from across New South Wales the opportunity to exhibit a series of works or a site-specific installation at Gosford Regional Gallery. Artists must be aged between 18 and 30 to participate.
Deadline for Submissions: 17 November 2019 (click here to start a submission)
Finalists announced: 18 December 2019
Prize announced: 27 March 2020
Exhibition dates: 28 March to 17 May 2020
The $5,000 EMERGING Prize will be judged on merit by an external judge nominated by the Gosford Regional Gallery. The finalists will be selected on merit by a panel of judges from the Gosford Regional Gallery. Each of the selected finalists will receive an artist fee of $1,000.
- You must be a resident of NSW.
- You must be aged between 18 and 30 years as of 28 March 2020
- You must be available to participate in the exhibition installation at Gosford Regional Gallery on at least one day during the period 24 to 27 March 2020
- The competition is not open to employees of Central Coast Council
- Submissions from artist collectives are eligible however all artists in the collective must meet the above eligibility criteria. If an artist collective is selected as a finalist they will be awarded one artist fee for the group.
Submissions will be judged on merit according to the following criteria:
- Concept: the proposal is conceptually strong and the body of work is cohesive
- Technique: the proposal demonstrates the artist’s technical proficiency
- Presentation: the proposal addresses how the Gallery space will be utilised and demonstrates a considered installation process.
Submitting an application
Applicants should complete a submission via SmartyGrants on the Gallery website
Submissions must be received on or before 17 November 2019.
The submission will include:
- Physical description of proposed body of work (up to 100 words)
- Conceptual rationale (up to 500 words)
- Installation requirements and timeframe (up to 250 words)
- Supporting Visual Material: up to ten clearly labelled image or video files in support of the application.
- Curriculum Vitae: including art education and exhibition history