The City of Canada Bay is committed to providing high quality public art and exhibitions that support and enhance our cultural and community precincts, and our engagement with the people that visit them. As part of this commitment we are seeking artworks to be exhibited in The Digital Gallery within The Learning Space, Rhodes.
Council is seeking artworks which will be curated into The Digital Gallery by The Learning Space team. Types of artworks can include (but are not limited to) video, photography, animation, VR, AR, sound, and sculpture. All artworks must be appropriate for general viewing.
We wish to engage work that addresses at least one of the following criteria:
- Exhibits exploratory or playful approaches to using digital media
- Broadens the creative possibilities relating to emerging or everyday technologies
- Promotes engagement or interaction with the local community and visitors using the space
- Involves languages other than English, or visual and non-language communication methods
- Engages a broad audience including children and people from non-English speaking backgrounds
Artists will be paid a once off fee per exhibited artwork, starting at $1100 for emerging artists. Please refer to the Artist Brief for the full fee schedule.
To submit an expression of interest, please provide the following:
- Artist CV, including full contact details
- Artist bio (150 words max.)
- Artwork description and context statement (400 words max.). This is to include artwork medium and dimensions, and a statement indicating how the artwork/s engage with the themes
- Images of artwork (10 max.), or links to view work online
- Nominate artist fee, including a brief cost plan
- Indicate the earliest date when the work is available
- Copy of current public liability insurance
Please view the full Artist Brief on the Canada Bay Council website.
Application due Sunday 14 April 2019.
All submissions and enquiries should be directed to Emily Morandini, The Learning Space Program Officer, City of Canada Bay, email@example.com