The City of Port Adelaide Enfield is seeking expressions of interest from artists / artist teams to be part of the upcoming Tiny Gems Project.
Are you interested in making multiple, site specific, potentially covert guerrilla style artworks, to be installed throughout the City of PAE?
These works have the potential to be ephemeral in nature, with the possibility of being appropriated by the public - are you ok with that?
Tiny Gems is a little different from what you might expect a Council project to be; locations are yet to be determined. We are asking community for suggestions for places that could do with a bit of colour and art - https://haveyoursay.cityofpae.sa.gov.au/colour-our-city); and others you may find for yourself.
We hope to build community interest and engagement with the project using a range of social media and online engagement tools.
In selecting the successful artists, consideration will be given to Expressions of Interest which demonstrate:
- An engaging, imaginative, creative and adaptive approach to dealing with site specific artworks.
- Community focussed.
- Visually impactful.
- Willing to meet with other artists involved in the project.
- Ability to work within the parameters of the project.
- Sustainability considerations
- Ability to deliver the project within time frames and budget.
- Relevant experience.
Successful artists will:
- Be required to enter into an agreement with City of Port Adelaide Enfield, to create a minimum of 2 works.
- Have an ABN and have their own public liability insurance to a minimum of $10,000,000 (or willing to obtain it before being contracted).
- Be required to attend a group meeting on 19 October 2020.
A budget of $20,000 has been allocated for the whole project ($2,000 per artist) and must cover all expenses, including but not limited to artist(s) fees, insurance, site meetings and all materials.
- Artists residing in The City of Port Adelaide Enfield area are encouraged to apply.
- The successful applicants will be chosen from this application process only.
- Up to 10 Artists will be selected to participate and create multiple works in this project.
2 October 2020 - EOI due
16 October 2020 - Artists selected
19 October 2020 - Selected artists meeting
October 2020 - Artworks created
November/December 2020 - Artworks installed
November/December 2020 - Promotion of Tiny Gems
Expressions of Interest (EOI)
- EOI should include 1 page outlining your interpretation of the project and how you would go about delivering on it.
- Supporting images (5 max).
- Artist resume detailing relevant skills and / or experience.
- 2 Referees (name and contact details only).
EOI should be delivered or emailed to:
Jason Hann, Project Officer – Arts and Culture
City of Port Adelaide Enfield
163 St Vincent Street, Port Adelaide 5015