MAY SPACE is open for submissions for upcoming exhibitions and black box screenings in 2021. We welcome proposals from professional artists in Australia and New Zealand at any stage in their career.
Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight 31 July 2020
Professional artists living in Australia or NZ at any stage in their career are invited to submit. We are also looking for video works for our Black Box Projects space, a dedicated theatrette for moving image artworks.
Submissions should be emailed directly to the Gallery with images (please include full captions in each image title) in support of the proposal, preferably a link to the artist website, a current C/V, a brief artist statement and a separate, single page outlining the nature of the work you are proposing.
Opportunities for successful applicants may include:
- A place in our Introducing exhibition series
- To be curated into our group exhibitions
- Solo exhibitions
- Screenings in Black Box Projects
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A short Letter outlining previous professional practice and foreseeable artistic goals
- An Artist CV of relevant experience
- An Artist Statement (max. 500 words)
- A link to your website
- When submitting moving image artworks, links to each video work in full