Crown Resorts Limited is taking an innovative approach to sourcing art for Crown Sydney Hotel Resort, Sydney’s ﬁrst 6 star hotel, by creating an initiative that endeavors to showcase photography by Australia' most promising emerging creative talents.
The Crown Sydney Artist Initiative aims to unearth and commission some of Australia’s finest artistic talent by inviting early career and emerging photographers to submit original works in 5 categories via the online database. As the Crown Sydney Artist Initiative is aimed at showcasing the most promising local talent, there are no fees to enter.
Winners and finnalists will have their work showcased within the Crown Sydney Hotel Resort, featured on the Crown Sydney Artist Initiative website, published in the Art of Crown hardbound book, which will be featured in all Crown Resorts properties,and exhibited at the 2019 Crown Sydney Artist Initiative Finalist Exhibition. Winners will also receive a cash prize.
1. Australian Icons – Landscape & Nature
2. Sydney’s Secrets – Architecture & Street
3. People of Barangaroo
4. Black & White
5. Mobile (Phone or Tablet device)
The total prize pool for the competition is valued at up to $57,500, including:
- Best of Competition, Overall Winner - $10,000 prize awarded to one entry from any category.
- First Prize for Each Category - 5 x $5,000 prizes awarded to one entry from each category.
- Second Prize for Each Category - 5 x $2,500 prizes awarded to one entry from each category.
- Third Prize for Each Category - 5 x $1,000 prizes awarded to one entry from each category.
- Highly Commended - Up to 10 x $500 prizes awarded from any category.
HOW TO ENTER
Upload your entry through the Crown Sydney Artist Initiative web portal:
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS
Midnight (AEST), Friday 31st May, 2019
If you require further information around the submission process, please contact
CROWN SYDNEY ART COORDINATOR