DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES EXTENDED TO 11 NOVEMBER 2019
The Koorie Heritage Trust is calling all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists who are 17 years of age and over and living in Victoria, to enter the Koorie Art Show 2019 and be eligible for the following awards:
– Creative Victoria Award for Excellence in any Media ($10,000)
– Metro Tunnel Creative Program 2D Award ($5,000)
– Viva Energy Australia 3D Award ($5,000)
– RMIT University Emerging Artist Award ($5,000)
– Lendlease Reconciliation Award ($5,000)
– Koorie Heritage Trust Highly Commended Awards x 2 ($500 per award)
– Koorie Heritage Trust People’s Choice Award ($1,000)
The Koorie Art Show is our annual award exhibition showcasing the diverse talent of Victoria’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists in one inclusive space.
Due to demand, deadline for entries is extended to Monday 11 November 2019. All submitted entries will be included in the exhibition and eligible for a prize unless the content is likely to cause offence.
Due to the growth and popularity of the Koorie Art Show since its inception, and the physical limitations of our exhibition gallery to display the number of entries, in 2019 artists can only submit one artwork (either 2D, 3D or digital) to be eligible for inclusion in the Koorie Art Show.
Prize winners will be announced at the exhibition launch and community day on Saturday 7 December 2019. The exhibition will be on display in our galleries until Sunday 23 February 2020.
Further information, including the entry form for the Koorie Art Show 2019 can be downloaded here.
The judges for this year’s prizes are:
– Aunty Esther Kirby OAM (Yorta Yorta and Wiradjuri) – Elder and Artist.
– Maxine Briggs (Taungwurrung and Yorta Yorta) – Indigenous Research Centre, State Library of Victoria and previous member of the Koorie Arts Collective/first Chairperson of Songlines Aboriginal Music Corporation
– Steven Rhall (Taungurung) artist and academic
The Koorie Heritage Trust’s judging policy and procedures can be downloaded here. A Metro Tunnel Creative Program representative will participate in the judging for the Metro Tunnel Creative Program 2D Award.
The Koorie Heritage Trust acknowledges the generous support of award and exhibition partners Creative Victoria, the Metro Tunnel Creative Program, Viva Energy Australia and RMIT University.