Artists Who Teach
About the Course
There are so many amazing artists out there...whether you're a professional artist regularly exhibiting, or a person who just likes making stuff in your garage, then you're an artist.
And teaching kids art can be a great way to earn money (and the better you are at it, the more money you can make:)) It's a way for you to work at something creative and be in charge of your schedule.
But teaching kids art requires a unique set of skills that people often undervalue.
And not everyone has the time or the money to go out and get a teaching degree to learn the skills you need.
You need to know what activities will work with the kids, and what methods of teaching will get the best results. Jacqui Grantford has been teaching art to kids for years and also hiring artists to take classes. Through this, she has seen all the things that go into making a great teacher. And some of the things that many artists need to learn before they start this fantastic journey.
And it's these teaching skills that you will learn here.
You'll learn what to teach, what activities will work, and what suits different age groups. And very importantly, HOW to teach the kids. It's often just the activities that are covered in art teaching courses, and the HOW is forgotten...but it's SO important. Without these skills, you are making life hard for yourself. These are the skills Jacqui learnt when she studied all those years ago at University with 30 years of experience working with kids and hiring art teachers... and she wants to pass them on to you.
Enrol now to become the best possible art teacher you can be.
Treat yourself to a lifetime of knowledge with this eight-week course. Learn skills that will support you in a creative and wonderful way.
What you will learn…
- How to make your life easy when teaching, so you go home and have a glass of wine for the right reasons
- How to use your language to make a difference when you teach
- The use of magic tricks that make your teaching so simple - why struggle when you don't need to
- Special behaviour management skills that ALL teachers need
- Lessons and activities that are proven to be successful to get you started with your teaching
- Term plans including lessons for different ages - the work is done for you
- An understanding of the different learning levels for different ages
- How to GET students and how to KEEP them
- Learn what materials you will need to have in your art kit
- Safety and accountability when teaching art to kids
- The really fun stuff: Crazy activities and art games that make your classes better than others out there
How To Apply
Visit the website www.theartofteaching.com.au to apply
- Run your own workshops and classes with children. A brilliant way to earn a creative income.