The Producer, First Nations Program will work with Western Sydney First Nations communities to develop, manage and produce cultural projects across a range of creative forms (including screen, digital and music); and will be selected on the basis of demonstrated experience in devising/producing arts-based projects with First Nations communities and artists.
Key Position Duties
- Generate cultural projects and audience engagement programs
- Undertake research and development for future programming
- Develop and deliver projects across a range of cultural forms and creative practice
- Oversee program/project production, management and administration
- Co-ordinate program/project personnel
- Facilitate and manage community liaison, input and participation
- Assist in program/project reporting/acquittals
- Develop/maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Advise re media/marketing strategies
- Prepare and administer contracts
- Manage project staff/contractors/volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, coordination and production of arts-based projects with/for First Nations communities and artists
- Relevant tertiary qualification/equivalent experience in Community Cultural Development, contemporary art and/or arts education
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Capacity to work flexible hours, including weekend work when required
- Current driver’s license.
- Advanced computer literacy
- Experience in a digital/screen arts or music production
- Current first aid certificate.
How to Apply:
Your application must include a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria no more than two A4 pages, a current resume and contact details for 2-3 referees.
Please email your application by 5pm on or by Friday, 8 February 2019 with ‘Application for Producer, First Nations Program’ in the subject line to :
Interviews will take place between the 18-22 of February. The start date will be early March 2019.
Please contact John Kirkman on 02 8821 9157
for a detailed job description.
This position is open to First Nations applicants only. Employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and a Working with Children Check.