With a regional gallery pedigree, topped off by diplomatic cultural relations, Sarah Schmidt brings a unique perspective to the Canberra Museum and Gallery, that positions the gallery within a broader lens.
A former director of the Hamilton Gallery in Victoria, deputy director at the Art Gallery of Ballarat, director of the Post Master Gallery and Ararat Gallery (both in regional Victoria) – not to mention a stint in Beijing as the Australian Embassy’s cultural diplomacy manager – Sarah Schmidt is well situated to take on the top job at Canberra Museum and Gallery (CMAG).
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today