Being an ARI Director is extremely collaborative, says Rebecca Gallo, an artist and founding member of Pari, in Sydney's West. Her view is that ARIs are moving away from the pay-to-play model, and are more accountable to communities.
Pari is an artist-run initiative (ARI) in Parramatta, in Sydney’s West. Pari's directors boldly state on the ARI's website: ‘We are for bringing art and ideas to Western Sydney audiences, and bringing audiences from elsewhere to experience art in the crane-hogging, uber-developing, beautifully contradictory and diverse place we call Parramatta, in the geographical centre of Sydney’s urban sprawl, in the heart of unceded Darug territory.’
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today