Weiwei has taken Denmark to task for its asylum-seeker policy. Australia, for now, is another issue.
Letgo room 2014 by Ai Weiwei ©
On ArtsHub last week, a grants manager for “a significant Australian arts organisation” wrote anonymously that, should his or her organisation be a successful applicant to Catalyst – the Federal Government’s new arts funding agency – he or she would recommend to the Board that it not accept the funds in protest at the Australian government’s plans to return 267 asylum seekers to Nauru.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today