The enigmatic Bill Sampson opens up to ArtsHub in a candid interview.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Dr. Bill Sampson is a visual artist with a rigorous contemporary practice. He gained a Bachelor of Art degree with Honours at the Victorian College of the Arts (Drawing Department) and attained his Doctor of Philosophy at Melbourne University (VCA), the title of which was Prettybad: towards an aesthetics of the expressionless. Dr. Sampson is also a passionate teacher of drawing, and theory. He is a casual lecturer in Critical & Theoretical Studies at the VCA but his studio is now located in beautiful Guildford in central Victoria. As well as other prizes Dr. Sampson was awarded the prestigious Keith and Elisabeth Murdoch Travelling Fellowship which enabled him to study at The Slade, University College London. He exhibits with [MARS] Gallery and other public and artist run spaces.