Galleries and artists from around the country and overseas will come together in the coming weeks to display their works at art fairs in Sydney and Melbourne. Diana Carroll looks at what motivates people to buy art and how the business of buying and selling art is changing.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
John Aslanidis, Sonic Network No. 11 (detail), 2012 Commissioned through the Maxwell and Merle Carroll Bequest. Art Collection, Arts Centre Melbourne. This and other works will be featured as part of the Art, Place & Space Tour as part of Melbourne Art Week.