From conversations with curators to business tips from artists, to a ballsy irreverence of art history and art news flipped on its head, we take a look at the podcasts inspiring visual artists.
There have been many articles and conversations about how music can impact a visual artist creatively. Kandinsky lived off a diet of Wagner, while Paul Klee had a passion for Bach, and Marc Chagall’s whimsical style came partially from years of creating sets and costumes for Diaghilev’s Ballets Russes. Piet Mondrian’s Broadway Boogie Woogie (1942) and Henri Matisse’s Jazz Suite (1947) make no secret of their influence.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today