The announcement of Walker’s directorship at Art Gallery of WA was slow in coming, but with it are a raft of questions about his vision for engagement, business philosophy, curatorial structure and unexpected thinking for 'a standstone'.
The Liverpool-born bureaucrat Colin Walker is no stranger to Western Australia's arts and cultural landscape. For about a decade he was Executive Director, Culture and the Arts at the WA State Government’s Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries (DLGSC) before recently talking on the Director's role at the troubled Art Gallery of Western Australia (AGWA).
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today