Avoiding the 'ghost gallery' trap when fundraising in a recession is tough. ArtsHub speaks with Megan Monte about getting the vision and support foundations right, for the soon-to-be built Southern Highlands Regional Gallery.
Remember Doctor Dolittle’s prized pushmi-pullyu, a kind of double-headed llama with two minds working in tandem? It could be a personification of the co-ordinated effort required to get a new gallery off the ground, juggling different interests and stakeholders and the pull of funding challenges.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today