Artistic Director Brook Andrew says, 'NIRIN is not a periphery, it is our centre'. We take a look at two venues on the edge for this year's Biennale of Sydney to see how grass roots engagement is redefining the centre.
While biennales globally have championed the use of satellite sites – raw warehouses, disused factories, churches and island outposts – the compulsion to dwell on the wow has often been to the detriment of more subtle conversations at the edge.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today