Having both worked in zones of conflict, Gittoes and Cornish speak with ArtsHub about their use of art as a means for social message – and how effective that might be.
In 2015 artist and filmmaker George Gittoes was awarded the prestigious Sydney Peace Prize for his humanitarian and peacemaking efforts. It was no surprise, given he has spent the last 45-years making work in, and about, zones of conflict.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today