To celebrate International Sculpture Day on 24 April, we revisit this 2018 article that asks whether our education system is failing sculpture.
Sculpture has long been one of the core disciplines taught at art school, however within those departments a kind of push-and-pull between tradition and technology has arisen, as new methods impact sculptural practice in the 21st century.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today