The centenarian puts his longevity down to a whiskey every night, just getting on with it, and not listening too much to art theory. We talk to him about ageism, the environment, drive and his advice for the next generation of painters.
ArtsHub caught up with Guy Warren on the eve of his 100th Birthday (16 March) and the opening of his exhibition, From the Mountain to the Sky: Guy Warren Drawings, the inaugural exhibition at the new Drawing Gallery at the National Art School (NAS).
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today