From the way public institutions acquire, to the value placed on Australian artists, and skewed funding streams that favour institutions, Brisbane gallerist Andrew Baker raises some hard truths about the visual arts sector.
Honesty is refreshing. It is especially refreshing in an area that is plagued with opacity – the art market.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today