Plans for the sale of the Powerhouse Museum's Ultimo site back-flipped over the weekend, as protests escalated around its imminent closure and green bans were imposed on the new Parramatta site.
After six years of protest and various Parliamentary Inquiries since the idea was first introduced by the Baird Government in 2014, the dismantling of the Powerhouse Museum at Ultimo, to accommodate a move west to Parramatta, took a dramatic turn around over the weekend.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today