In another ethical win for the NGA, three Indian sculptures have been repatriated on the basis of fresh evidence in the ongoing Kapoor case.
On 5 December 2013, as Australia shut down for Christmas, the National Gallery of Australia (NGA) posted a statement on its website acknowledging that the Chola-period Shiva Nataraja was among items alleged to have been illegally exported from India.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today