With tighter funding and increasing pressure to focus on audience participation, how can new curatorial models engage artists and audiences?
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Much has been discussed in recent years about shifting models within the commercial gallery and museum sectors. As galleries drift away from more traditional roles of artist representation, to developing programs that better respond to the swings in economic trends - be it diversifying to art fairs or more event-driven pop-up activities - curatorial decisions need to reflect that.